Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chinoise Chinoiserie....


Ralph Lauren wallpaper - I have this in my lounge



Blue Temple Dog

I came to the conclusion that I am certainly am influenced by Asian, in particular Chinese design and colours. I distinctly remember when my parents returned from a trip to Asia they brought back celadon porcelain lamps and dinnerware from Thailand, rugs from Hong Kong and our lounge room was decorated with the most beautiful long chinese lounge suite in a green fabric and bamboo wallpaper. My sister and I inherited the lounge suite but it has since been covered in a celadon damask (sniff, sniff). I can't believe what an incredible influence that decor has been, and has coloured all of my decorating choices ever since.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I'm so happy that we've found each other. I can see you certainly appreciate chinoiserie too. I'm going to take a little look around your lovely site. And I look forward to following :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails